Book Shepherding and Editing Services
Book Shepherding Services
Over 2,400 information products (Books, e-books, audio recordings, video recordings) have been created and published by our seminar attendees.
Many of these authors hired us to take their basic manuscripts and turn them into finished books - some as fast as 60 days from manuscript to printed books in their hands.
Even though you'll learn what needs to be done and how to do it in our materials, seminars, workshops, and on-line training materials, getting your book completed requires dedicated time, resources and specific knowledge of what needs to be done, how to do it, and the proper sequence of events.
Many authors have the best of intentions but then "stuff" comes up and their books go unpublished.
We can solve that dilemma by providing you with our exclusive "Book Shepherding Services" that guarantees that you'll be published quickly and easily!
Book Shepherding Services
Have You gotten lost trying to figure out the process for getting your manuscript from rough form to finished book?
A Book Shepherd is someone who can take your manuscript through all the processes to a finished book.
Although you can always do it all yourself it’s a proven fact that having a guide that’s“been there and done that” to “Shepherd” you through the different processes help insure that you actually get you published material to market in the shortest amount of time.
The objective is to ensure that during the project the coordination and supervision of all the tasks be monitored and that everybody involved be kept informed of the progress, problems, and successes.
The program consists of regular meetings, teleconferencing, and e-mail coaching as needed, and includes tasks and assignments that you will need to complete in order to assure your complete success. We’ll throw in an UNLIMITED number of 10 minute consultations and as much e-mail assistance as you can write for the duration of the program.
Our responsibility will be as follows:
- Assuming that your book is basically complete, we ask that you supply us with the material in Word® format so we can perform basic editing, grammar and spell checking, and format the book into the size, fronts, etc. that you want and turn it into a finished book per your specifications and requirements.
- We will send you our “modified” files for you to review, approve, and add your final edits.
- Once you have made your final changes and are satisfied, we ask that you return the file with your final requested changes to us where we will then format the book for both paper and electronic publishing.
- We’ll work with you to define and create a cover for the book including a title and sub-heading using the free template system. This will be free and included with the electronic printing service. If you do NOT like what the standard template system offers, we’ll introduce you to our cover designer so that you can collaborate directly with her on the final designs. (Her fees are $60 per hour)
- We will also work with you to develop the back cover copy that includes “about the book”, “about the author” plus an author’s photo so plan on having one made. We’ll also need for you to create an introduction and biography information for inclusion in the book and web site.
- A fully edited Word® file used for all editing, layout, and formatting.
- A PDF format book based on the edited Word® file; fully compatible with, and ready for, paper printing. The final size is proposed to be 6” x 9” with a perfect bound cover; black and white interior, full color gloss cover, and an estimated page count of 150 pages.
- A PDF format book based on the edited Word® file; fully compatible with, and ready for, pay-per-download from your site and most other Pay-per-download sites; full color interior, full color cover.
- Amazon.com – This will make your book available to millions of customers on Amazon.com, as well as Amazon.ca.
- Amazon Europe - This will make your book available on Amazon's European websites including Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.fr, Amazon.it, and Amazon.es.
- CreateSpace e-Store - This will make your book available in their eStore as an online sales detail page where CreateSpace will fulfill all eStore orders and handle the customer service, too
- Bookstores and Online Retailers - This will make your book available to thousands of major online and offline bookstores and retailers, and expand the size of the potential audience for your books.
- Libraries & Academic Institutions - This will make your book available to public libraries, elementary and secondary school libraries, and libraries at other academic institutions.
- CreateSpace Direct - This will make your book available to certified resellers such as independent bookstores and book resellers. The CreateSpace Direct program allows eligible resellers to buy books at wholesale prices directly from CreateSpace.
You will also be able to use the CreateSpace™ system to order printed copies of the book, in any quantity you want, to be shipped to you for sale or distribution as you see fit.
If you do NOT already have your own author’s web site, we’ll work with you to create a free(or fee – Less than $12.00 per month) web site dedicated to the posting and sale of your book to include the insertion of following elements which you will be free to modify at your discretion:
- About the author
- About the book
- Sample excepts from the book
- Credit card order page with pay-per-download capability
- A Blog for your own usage
In addition to our services, you’ll be looking at the following estimated charges:
- Cover Design - $60 per hour – If you do NOT like the standard template cover, we’ll introduce you to our cover designer so you can contract and collaborate directly with her.
- ISBN Numbers - $FREE – This is obtained directly, by us for you, from CreateSpace™.
- Copyright – The unregistered copyright declaration of your book will be included at no charge.
- Head shot(s) – Free (with your digital camera) to $100 - You’ll need a good head shot for the back cover of your book plus your web site
- Credit card/merchant account services – These come from Paypal.com, are free and require that you sign up for the service. PayPal deducts approximately 3% when a transaction is completed.
- Printing charges – The CreateSpace® costs are estimated to be approximately as follows in a 100 piece quantity if you decide to inventory them yourself:
- 6” x 9”, 150 interior pages, full color cover, black and white interior, $3.08 per book in 100 piece quantity (delivered price).
- Web site monthly fees – Approximately $12.00 per month if you elect to use their “Pro” version.
From the time that you approve the final copy, you will be looking at approximately 14 days (or less) until you receive the first shipment of books.
The fees for our basic book shepherding and editing services as described herein are $3,000 and our terms are full payment for services ($3,000) required beginning the work as described herein.
You can also offer the book on Kindle® for an additional $179. This will require an additional 14 days from start until the Book is posted on Kindle®.
To contact us: 310-544-9502 Mike@RoundsMiller.com